Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Club Recipes

Recipes for Dishes served at the November 10th meeting. Provided by Amy Short:

Fluffy Orange Spread
2 (3oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened (I used 1-8oz pkg)
¼ cup orange juice (I added to compensated for the cream cheese)
1 tablespoon sugar (again, a bit more because of the extra 2oz of cream cheese)
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
Beat cream cheese and orange juice until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and orange peel; mix well. Chill and Serve.
It suggest serving with bread, bagels or toast.

Pumpkin Spice Cake
1 Box Spice Cake Mix
1 (15oz) Can Pumpkin
Mix together, pour into any size pan(greased). I like to use a round dish about an inch thick, but have used a 9x13 before. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, around 25mins.

Really, that’s all there is to this cake! You can add several different toppings like warm apple sauce, frosting, or pumpkin dip!

Pumpkin Dip
1 (8oz) pkg Cream Cheese, softened
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 (15oz) Pumpkin
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (I always add a bit more)
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (again, I add a little more)
Blend cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Gradually mix in the pumpkin. Stir in cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
Chill and serve. I made ginger snaps to go with this, but you can add whatever you’d like.

I used my Kitchen Aid mixer for both of these, otherwise you’ll need some muscle power because they both require a lot of mixing.

No comments: